MULTANI MAL MODI COLLEGE, PATIALA
Certificate course on Return Filing (Income Tax & GST)
PG Department of Commerce
P.G. Department of Commerce of Multani Mal Modi College, Patiala offers 25 hours Certificate Course on Return Filing (Income Tax & GST). The main objectives of the course are:
- To Equip Students with the specialized knowledge in the field of Taxation System.
- It provides opportunity to learn Indian Taxation System and enhance their skills in the field of Taxation.
- Equipping the students for career in various vocations.
- Equipping the students foe Self-Employment and application oriented jobs in Government, PSU’s, Private Organizations
COURSE DURATION: 25 Hours
ELIGIBILITY: All B.COM. & M.COM Final year students are eligible.
EVALUATION PROCESS: Assessment of candidates will be done through theoretical assignments, projects & practical examinations after completion of each module. All successful candidates will be awarded with certificates.
Module 1 (6 hours)
- Introduction of Tax (Direct and Indirect)
- Tax Resident (Resident and Non-Resident)
- Sources of Income
- Deductions and Gross Total Income
- Tax Filing (Introduction)
Learning outcomes: After successful completion of this module candidate will be able to understand the basic structure of Direct Tax.
Module 2 (7 hours)
- E-Filing, Filing up income tax returns by various types of assesses and documentation.
- Tax Planning, Avoidance and Evasion.
- Double Taxation Avoidance
- Penalties and Prosecution
Learning outcomes: After successful completion of this module candidate will be able to file return of various assesses.
Module 3 (5 hours)
- GST (Introduction)
- Filing of GST return i.e. GSTR-1,2,3,4 etc
- GST Payments
- Invoice under GST
Learning outcomes: After successful completion of this module candidate will be able to differentiate between Direct and Indirect Tax. This module also helps to figure out the basic structure of GST.
Module 4 (7 hours)
- How to compliance with GST portal?
- How to get a firm registered under GST Act, 2017?
- How to file Various GST returns?
- How to file revised returns?
- How to file rectified return?
- How to work with electronic ledgers?
Learning outcomes:- After successful completion of this module candidate will be able to process their GST through E-Resources.
The student shall be required to write a Project Report based on the case study of any aspect of either of Income Tax or GST. He/She shall focus on a particular problem area and prepare a report based on the study of the course by taking one particular problem faced by the different assesses.
Salient features of certificate course
- Theory and Practical session as per curriculum
- Lectures include entire process of Filing of Return and Evaluation Process.
- At the end of course candidate will be able to file the Income Tax return of Direct Tax & Indirect Tax.
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates