|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||3 Years||10+2 with Arts|
Department of Humanities
The department of Humanities, M.M.Modi College, Patiala offers undergraduate courses in eighteen different disciplines and PG programme in Punjabi. The department has been an integral part of the college since its inception in 1966. For the last 53 years, the department has been striving hard to provide an intellectual, stimulating and nurturing environment for better professional growth of the students. Keeping pace with the prevalent times, the department has introduced many new subjects.. Two UGC sponsored Add on courses – Spoken English for Communication Skills and Journalism and Mass Communication – have been running successfully in the department. The department also started a 30 hours certificate course in English Language and Pronunciation in 2019.
- Professional, dedicated and experienced full-time faculty.
- Well equipped library with a membership of N -List Programme (INFLIBNET)
- Well equipped and furnished labs for Geography, Psychology and Fashion Designing
- Multimedia Lab
- Fully equipped Language laboratory with the latest computer software.
- Well furnished, airy and spacious classrooms
- Adequate infrastructure for indoor and outdoor sports
- A gymnasium with all the modern equipment for faculty and students
- Guest Lectures, Seminars and workshops by eminent educationists from prominent colleges and universities on regular basis
- A plethora of extracurricular activities – Debate, Declamation. Quiz, Theatre, Music, Bhangra, Giddha, Exhibitions, to mention a few.
- Educational trips an annual feature
- Helpful in cracking various government job
- competitive exams
- Travel Consultant/ Tour Executive.
- Anchor/ Radio Jockey
- Coach/Fitness Instructor
- Sports player
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Event Organizer
- Public Relations Manager
- Interpreter/ Translator
- HR Manager
- Social Worker
- Fashion Designer
| Defense Studies | Economics | English | Fashion Technology | Geography | Hindi | History | Journalism | Music | Physical Education | Political Science | Psychology | Public Administration | Sociology | Tourism and Travel Management |