A wide and varied range of roles and careers are open to you when you study management at either undergraduate or post graduate level . Due to the increasing demand of management professionals in the public and private sector, growing trend of management studies, the institution took the initiative to establish the Department of Business Management in the year 1998 .
- Offering Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Offering specialisation in Finance and Marketing.
- BBA course is having highest campus placement ratio in the college.
- BBA students secured University Gold Medal for many years consecutively.
- During the course students are undergoing one major Industrial Training Project for four months and one minor Project for two months .
- To impart need based quality management education.
- To identify and develop the entrepreneurial talents in the region.
- To develop an ethical and human values oriented management education model.
- To extend the applicability of management concepts in the innovative areas, relevant to the socio economic development of the country.
Classroom Teaching Methods:
- ICT based Teaching Learning
- Power Point Presentations
- Group discussion
- Workshops on case studies and role playing activities.
- Industrial visits
- Paper presentation
- Interactive Teaching
- Query session is taken at the end of each semester for the preparation of the students for the final exams.
- Supervisory classes are organized for the below average students in which important questions are discussed.
- Question bank is made available for the students in the library so that they can prepare for final exams.
- At the end of each semester, the feedback Performa is filled by the students and the actions are taken accordingly to resolve the problems.
Industrial training Project:
- Every student of BBA II have to undergo Industrial Training Project of 4-6 weeks and submit Project Report on the same.
- Every student of BBA III have to undergo Industrial Training Project on area related to their specialization (Finance, Marketing etc.) of 16-20 weeks and submit Project Report on the same.
- Students got training in various companies like Pepsico, Bajaj, HCL, Eureka Forbes, Goetze India etc.
Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility and Extension activities
- Department faculty and students participate in Environment related programmes to create awareness for environment friendly society.
- Students participate in AIDS awareness rallies, blood donation camps, Traffic Awareness camps, NSS, NCC camps from time to time.
- Environment subject is included in the syllabus of BBA.
- Mr. Hardeep Singh badungar, incharge Patiala Traffic Police and S. Gurjap Singh, Traffic Education Cell, Patiala delivered a presentation on Road Safety and Traffic Rule Awareness to the students.